The addition of magazine apps onto the iPad have gone up 10-fold since last April. The pace of growth, however, has slowed between January and February, something that the Association of Magazine Media (MPA), which released the study, attributes to post-holidays lassitude. The data is gathered by iMonitor, a tracking system developed for MPA by McPheters & Company to track the addition of apps onto Apple's iTunes store. [reported by Folio:] There is, so far as we know, no equivalent data for Canada.
Tuesday, March 01, 2011
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- This is what magazines do best: an outstanding ar...
- Hearst publishing unveils new "paperless" one-stop...
- Zoomer Media six-month results show $2.8 million t...
- Manitoba magazines conference and Maggie Awards se...
- Two year lockout of Journal de Montréal journalist...
- New online design, travel and food magazine Dabble...
- Momentum, the Vancouver-based cycling magazine, un...
- Another senior digital departure at Rogers Media
- QuarkXPress 9 being released in April
- Modest overall U.S. Q1 magazine ad page growth led...