For several years, Magazines Canada has been promoting magazine advertising creative through its Best on Page annual competition and show (see the 2011 winners) . Now, and for the next nine weeks, it is taking a roadshow of the best work into the advertising agencies themselves. Three, freestanding wall displays will be showcasing 72 award-winning Canadian and international magazine ads in various GTA-based agencies, where staff will be able to vote on their favourites. At the end of the showcase, a randomly selected winner will receive an iPad. The promotion is being done in collaboration with Newad,which created the display walls and manages installations. Assistance for the promotion comes from the Ontario Media Development Corporation.
Tuesday, March 06, 2012
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Momentum converts to paid newsstand magazine
- Readers are consuming content how, when and how lo...
- Three women painters explore de Kooning's signfica...
- Canadian magazine launches appear to be pulling ou...
- Magazines Canada letter to MPs challenges them to ...
- Registration opens for MagNet 2012 industry confer...
- Advertising services revenues up 2.2% to $7 billio...
- Magazine world view: 16 million tablet pubs; RIP S...
- YES and KNOW kids' science magazines closed sudden...
- TC Media to rep added U.S. Hearst digital propert...