Monday, June 09, 2008

Cobi Ladner out as editor of
Canadian House & Home

[THIS POST HAS BEEN UPDATED] Cobi Ladner has vacated resigned the editor's chair at Canadian House & Home magazine, according to a story on mastheadonline. While there is no further information about the reasons for Ladner's departure (she was also vice-president of House & Home Media) or who will succeed her, staff were apparently informed about the change last week in an e-mail message.

Ladner has been editor of H & H for more than 10 years and had previously worked at Chatelaine.

[UPDATE] In an interview with Masthead, Ladner said her departure was her own idea.
While Ladner says her decision to leave was amiable (she will consult for the magazine until the end of year and says, “I want this place to do really well without me”), she admits that some on the H&H team were shaken by the news. “One of the design editors said it felt like her parents were splitting up,” she says. “Everybody wants to understand why.”

Both personal and professional reasons were at play, Ladner says. She lost her father, Eric Ladner, to an aneurysm in February. “He was a great mentor to me,” Ladner says. “He gave me many great words of wisdom, one of them being, ‘Don’t follow your dreams, live them.’” She hasn’t quite decided what that next dream will be, at least when it comes to her work, though she does expect a return to the area of lifestyle and home décor. “I just want the chance to do something else in my lifetime.”

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only reason I purchased a subsription to the magazine was because I loved reading Cobi's page. It felt like she was sitting in my kitchen having coffee with me & we were having a good chat.
When she wrote about clearing out clutter -she communicated her feelings so effectively & I thought - that's exactly how I feel Cobi!! When she wrote about picking stuff out of garbage - it was WOW - my sisters & myself are like Cobi! Thanks Cobi - Please continue to write. Lavone - Beausejour, Mb

10:47 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home