[Promotional message] The fall continuing education season is approaching and my Ryerson University course, renamed Magazine and Website Publishing is being offered this fall. It's a 42-week course taught on Monday evenings starting September 13.
Other magazine related continuing ed courses you might be interested in are:
- Magazine and Website Editing This is taught by Penny Caldwell, the editor of Cottage Life magazine.
- Writing for Magazines and the Web taught by well known freelance writer and author Margaret Webb
- Advanced Feature Writing taught by veteran freelance writer David Hayes
- Magazine Copy Editing with Bernadette Kuncevicius, a senior editor at CA magazine
- Magazine Fact-Checking and Research (also with Bernadette Kuncevicius)
- Layout Software for Magazine Editors with Shannon Griffiths, a senior graphic designer
- Creating Website Editorial with Kat Tancock,senior web editor at Reader's Digest
And a heads-up for my two-day seminar So You Want to Start a Magazine? which will next be held Friday and Saturday, October 22 and 23.
Labels: professional development