Henry Luce is probably spinning in his grave. TIME magazine has keyed its coverage of this week's two days of oral arguments at the U.S. Supreme Court concerning gay marriage with an edgy foldout cover. According to Mashable, the magazine has been trying to push for more provocative covers lately. The cover features a gay male couple and (separately) a lesbian couple in a full-on mouth-to-mouth embrace. The arty black and white photos are by Peter Hapake.
Thursday, March 28, 2013
Recent most-read posts
IS THERE SOMETHING WE SHOULD KNOW? Send info about your company, your magazine or the Canadian magazine industry to impresa(at)inforamp(dot)net
Magazine-related sites & blogs
- Masthead magazine (online)
- Freelance Switch
- This Magazine
- Graham F. Scott
- The Writing Concierge
- CoversSell blog (Scott Bullock)
- The Hook (The Tyee)
- Geist magazine
- Punch in Canada
- National Magazine Awards Foundation blog
- Quillblog (Quill & Quire)
- Impresa Communications Limited
- Inkless Wells (Maclean's)
- And Now the Details (Jeff Dworkin)
- Ryerson Magazine Publishing Certificate
- So You Want to Start a Magazine?
- Abacus Circulation Inc.
- IPOsgoode (intellectual property site)
- National Magazine Awards
- Canadian Writers Group (agency)
- Professional Writers Association of Canada
- Story Board (online community)
- Canadian Society of Magazine Editors
- Magazines Canada
- ABC Canada Literacy Foundation
- Canadian Journalism Project (J-source)
- National Advertising Benevolent Society (NABS)
- Kenneth R. Wilson Awards
- Word Count:Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Atlantic Magazines Association
- TC Media custom pub Cellier redesigned, expanded f...
- Local digital ads in U.S. grows slowly but by 2017...
- Reader's Digest still #1 in PMB for readers; Canad...
- Latest AMPA guide assists with digital publishing
- 30th anniversary launch of Ryerson Review of Journ...
- Bodybuilding czar and magazine publisher Joe Weide...
- Using recycled magazine paper protects the environ...
- Registration deadline is only nine days away for B...
- Texterity and Godengo merge brand to become GTxcel...
- List rental prices depressed by profusion of renta...